The Arizona Biosafety Alliance, Inc. (AZBA) is organized and operated exclusively for educational purposes in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (as amended or to any corresponding provision of any future federal tax law). AZBA is a membership organization consisting of safety professionals with the common goal of strengthening biosafety and biosecurity in the state of Arizona. The primary objectives of AZBA include:
- promoting the study, evaluation and control of biohazards in the workplace;
- increasing knowledge and awareness of biological safety issues in Arizona;
- encouraging interest and knowledge in current and emerging biosafety regulations;
- fostering and promoting collaborative exchange between institutions;
- expanding professional and public awareness of biological safety through effective communication; and
- holding meetings for Arizona biosafety professionals to discuss current events and share ideas.
AZBA holds three membership meetings each year. In an effort to reach participants in the entire state, every attempt will be made to hold two of the meetings in Phoenix and the other meeting in Flagstaff or Tucson, depending on membership interest and participation.
AZBA is an official affiliate of the American Biological Safety Association International.